There are less than 27 days to go until business and government leaders from 104 cities representing a population of more than 99 million people descend on Brisbane for the 2015 Asia Pacific Cities Summit and Mayors’ Forum (2015APCS). 2M is excited to yet again be providing the simultaneous conference interpreters for this high level convention and ensure that the message gets across into Mandarin, Korean and Japanese. June is a busy month as well already with the Financial Action Task Force, an inter-governmental body that deals with matters relating to combatting money laundering and terrorism financing, holding their plenary meeting in Brisbane and 2M conference interpreters are in charge of simultaneous interpreting. Read our recent blog post on the FATF here.
More than 75 mayors and large delegations of high-level representatives from major international cities will attend including:
- Shenzhen Foundation for International Exchange and Cooperation including leaders from the property, IT, education, energy, finance and creative industries.
- China Vanke Co., the world’s largest residential home developer and China’s pioneer in green home construction.
- Da Nang People’s Committee, Da Nang University and a delegation of SMEs.
- Abu Dhabi Municipality and several cities from the Middle East.
- Representatives from the Urban Development Ministry of India, New Delhi.
- Sixteen mayors from the league of municipalities and league of cities of the Philippines.
- The largest contingent of mayors from the Americas since the Summit was hosted in Seattle in 2001, including Chicago, Columbia, Columbus, Panama, Portland, Salt Lake City, Lima, San Diego, Seattle and Redmond, Washington D.C.
- Business delegates from the Seattle Chamber of Commerce.
- For the first time, mayoral representation from past host cities including Kaohsiung, Seattle and Chongqing.
- A number of first time cities including Ahmedabad, Kathmandu, Kampala, Fukushima, Guangzhou, Islamabad, Suva, Tel Aviv, Tianjin, and Vienna.
This is a great opportunity for Brisbane and other Qld businesses to:
- Network with leaders of business, government and industry from across the Asia Pacific;
- Attend special events and seminars led by The University of Queensland Business School, Trade and Investment Queensland, Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland and Brisbane Marketing;
- Participate in one on one business introductions;
- Access more than 50 exhibitors at the APCS Market Square;
- Connect with other delegates through the 2015APCS App.
To take part in one on one business inductions, delegates must be registered by Friday 26 June (www.apcsummit.org).